Police: Man gave officer false information

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Friday:

• A 22-year-old Tempe man was arrested Feb. 13 on the 1100 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of narcotic drug possession and giving a false report to police, according to a police report.

Police contacted the man after they received a suspicious person call, police reported.

The man gave police a false name, date of birth and Social Security number, according to the report. When police could not find him in their database, the man gave police his correct information, police reported.

The man said he gave false information, because he thought he had an outstanding traffic warrant, according to the report.

Police also found acetaminophen and oxycodone on the man when they searched him, police reported.

The man said he found the pills on the light rail and planned to take them because he was stressed, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, police reported.

•  
  • A Mesa man was arrested Feb. 13 at South Una Avenue and East Eighth Street on suspicion of narcotic drug possession and use, possession of a deadly, defaced weapon, drug paraphernalia possession and use, carrying a gun without a permit, possession of a weapon by prohibited person and failure to appear in court, according to a police report.

Officers contacted the man after he made an improper left turn, police reported.

The man told officers he had no weapons in his car, according to the report.

After police realized the man had an outstanding warrant, he was arrested on suspicion of failing to appear in court, police reported.

A K-9 unit detected drugs in the man's car, according to the report. On closer inspection, police found heroin, foil and a loaded semi-automatic pistol with the serial number scratched off, police reported.

The man told police he was on probation and had a prior felony charge, which prohibited him from carrying a weapon, according to the report.

The man was then transferred to Tempe City Jail, police reported.

•  
  • A Phoenix man was arrested Feb. 12 on the 1500 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of aggravated assault of a health care professional, criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

The man was originally transported to St. Luke's Hospital, police reported.

When the man arrived, he began cursing and yelling at the hospital workers, according to the report.

A nurse explained that he would have to leave if he did not stop yelling, police reported. The man continued to yell and refused to leave, according to the report.

He then walked through a door marked "staff only," police reported. The nurse pursued him, and he pinned her in the door frame with the door, according to the report. The man then left the hospital, police reported.

The nurse told police she was not injured, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shelby Slade.

Reach the reporter at sgslade@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @shelbygslade

×