Sun Devil Street Wear: hair edition

Fashionistas at ASU held a beauty event yesterday, Feb. 7, at 7:30 p.m. The beauty salon Toni&Guy; and the international make-up company, Motives Cosmetics by LaLa, presented step-by-step tutorials for club members. Sun Devils got tips from the professional stylists on beauty 101, from tutorials on how to contour cheek bones and how to master the difficult fish-tail braid.

Attending this event and learning all these tips, brought upon inspiration to write a Sun Devil Street Wear post on Valentine's Day style. Check out some of these tips and video tutorials on beauty and fashion for every Valentine's Day occasion.

For the ladies: If you are going for an old-fashioned romantic look for a more formal Valentine's Day occasion, try going with the old Hollywood glam look. Here is a video tutorial on how to achieve your inner Audrey Hepburn.

For a less formal occasion try out the fish-tail braid. It looks difficult at first but with some practice, it will look fabulous. Fish-tail braid video.

For the gentleman: Gentlemen, if you want to impress your date, try to channel Don Draper from "Mad Men"–though not his womanizing personality. Put on some nice dress shoes and maybe a tie if it is a formal date. If you are worried about what to do with your hair and really want to look as dapper as Don, here is a Madison Avenue worthy hair-do.

Reach the reporter at hdiiullo@asu.edu or follow on Twitter @HaleighD_SP.

×