Arizona Science Center hosts traveling Leonardo da Vinci exhibit

With the recent discovery of a second authentic Leonardo da Vinci "Mona Lisa" — dated earlier than the "Mona Lisa" hanging in the Louvre in Paris — the Arizona Science Center's new featured exhibition, "Da Vinci- The Genius," presents an opportune moment for people to experience the works of Leonardo da Vinci.

"Da Vinci - The Genius" is a world traveling exhibition that showcases the inventions and intelligent mind of da Vinci. The exhibition was created and produced by Australia's Grande Exhibitions, which specializes in large traveling exhibitions, along with the Anthropos Foundation (Italy) and Pascal Cotte of Lumiere Technology (France). The exhibition has already traveled to Canada, Hungary, Russia and the U.K. before making its way to the Arizona Science Center in Phoenix at the beginning of February.

The da Vinci exhibit is an entertaining and interactive exhibit, including some replicas of his most famous works on display. The exhibit is divided into areas according da Vinci's works in engineering, art and science, encompassing the works of da Vinci as a "renaissance man."

Visitors can interact with many of da Vinci's inventions, including life-sized replicas of his bicycle and tank designs. The exhibition also allows visitors journey into the life and brilliant mind of da Vinci with a display of his works in anatomy and with the alphabet. The exhibit also has a special "Secrets of Mona Lisa" section, where visitors are presented with the history and in depth analysis of one of da Vinci's most puzzling works.

The "Da Vinci - The Genius" exhibit at the Arizona Science Center is perfect for anyone who enjoys history, art and culture and especially for those taking a Renaissance Art class or da Vinci lovers.

If you are looking for something to do this weekend or already planning on going to downtown Phoenix's First Friday Art Walk (Friday, March 1), this exhibit is a must see. The Arizona Science Center will host "Da Vinci - The Genius" from now until June 9. Tickets are a bit expensive ($26.95 for adult admission), but the exhibit is worth the price.

Reach the reporter at hdiiullo@asu.edu or follow on Twitter @HaleighD_SP.

×