Facebook stalker harasses ASU woman

ASU Police reported the following incident Tuesday:

Police are investigating a Prescott man accused of harassment stalking of a Tempe woman, according to a police report.

The woman reported the harassment stalking Feb. 27 after meeting with an officer at the Memorial Union, police reported.

The woman said her ex-boyfriend has continuously sent unwanted text and Facebook messages throughout the past year, and her attempts to block the messages were ineffective, according to the report.

The woman told the officer the man wanted to confront her in Tempe and continued communication on Facebook through a different account, police reported.

In a screenshot of a Facebook message, the man threatened to post nude photos online that he had taken of the woman while she slept, according to the report.

The woman told the officer the man has made threats against her family in Prescott and could easily find out where she lives on campus because they have mutual friends, police reported.

The woman said she has not decided if she wants to pursue charges, but she is working with her mother to apply for a protective order in Prescott, according to the report.

An ASU police officer contacted the Prescott Police Department and advised the Prescott officers of the incident, police reported.

The officer also provided Prescott Police with screenshots of the Facebook messages, according to the report.

Report complied by Whitney Ogden

Reach the reporter at wpogden@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @whitneyparis10

×