Man uses foil to smoke pills

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 23-year-old Chandler man was arrested March 13 at the intersection of West Main Street and South Roosevelt Road on suspicion of driving with a suspended license, marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession and two outstanding warrants, according to a police report.

Officers saw the man fail to make a complete stop in his vehicle at a stop sign at the intersection of East Howe Avenue and South Price Road, according to the report.

The officers followed the vehicle to Mesa where they conducted a traffic stop and vehicle search, police reported.

The man told officers there was marijuana in a piece of aluminum foil in the back seat of the vehicle, police reported.

Police found an additional piece of aluminum foil with black burn marks in a bag under the back seat of the vehicle, according to the report.

The man told officers the marijuana belonged to a person who had been in the vehicle earlier that day, but he later said the marijuana and foil belonged to him, police reported.

The man told officers that he was using the aluminum foil to smoke oxycodone pills, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked pending release, according to the report.

Two Phoenix men were arrested March 12 at the intersection of West Broadway Road and South Hardy Drive on suspicion of second degree burglary and outstanding warrants, according to a police report.

The men entered a Tempe residence and removed two televisions, an Xbox 360, video games and a Coach purse before leaving the scene by vehicle, police reported.

After police saw and stopped the vehicle, the men told the officers they had been involved in the burglary, according to the report.

The men were transported and booked into Tempe City Jail, where they were held to see a judge, according to a police report.

Reports compiled by Amy Edelen

Reach the reporter at amy.edelen@asu.edu

×