Student governments announce candidates

It’s election season for the student governments at ASU, and campaign signs are popping up all over ASU’s campuses. Here are the executive candidates for the 2013-14 term:

Tempe

Davis ticket:

Jordan Davis, President: As a freshman, Davis interned for the Tempe USG Policy Department. He became the City of Tempe Liaison his sophomore year.

Adam Silverman, Vice President of Services: Silverman interned for the Tempe USG Policy Department for his freshman year and served as Tempe USG Director of Outreach during the 2012-13 year.

Casey Clowes, Vice President of Policy: Clowes is the Tempe USG University Affairs Director.

Matson ticket:

Kyle Matson, President: Matson is treasurer for the Kappa Sigma Fraternity and works as an analyst for a Private Mutual called Pro Focus.

Thomas Borns, Vice President of Services: Borns served under senatorial candidate Jeff Flake and was in his high school's student body government.

Samuel Gifford, Vice President of Policy: Gifford is the Alumni Relations Chairman for the Kappa Sigma Fraternity.

Yenina ticket:

Natasha Yenina, President: Yenina served as USG's Campus Affairs Coordinator and is now the president of the Barrett, the Honors College Council.

Felipe Romero, Vice President of Services: Romero is a USG Senator for Barrett, the Honors College.

Devon Mills, Vice President of Policy: Mills is the President of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences College Council.

Downtown

Arbon ticket:

Travis Arbon, President: Arbon is a Senator for Barrett, the Honors College and chair of the USGD Government Operations Committee.

Emily Antuna, Vice President of Services: Antuna is the Director of Public Relations for USGD. She’s also a member of the Sun Devil Coalition Local Board.

Matthew Saria, Vice President of Policy: Saria works for the Sun Devil Coalition as the Game Day Coordinator.

Smith ticket:

Frank Smith III, President: Smith is a senator for the University College for USGD.

Marcus Dudas, Vice President of Services: Dudas is an avid volunteer and an employee of the Student Center.

Melber Macainan, Vice President of Policy: Macainan was an active club officer in high school and graduated in the top 5 percent of his class.

Polytechnic

Ferguson ticket:

Franz Ferguson, President: Ferguson has been a member of USGP for two years and works at the Career Preparation Center.

Jhonathan Rendon, Vice President of Services

Jason Scribner, Vice President of Policy: Scribner currently serves as a senator for USGP.

West

Keshap ticket:

Sana Keshap, President: Keshap is the USGW Director of Legislative Affairs and the Special Events Director for the Programming and Activities Board at West campus.

Ebony Wiley, Vice President of Services

Alyssa Napuri, Vice President of Policy: Napuri is the president of the National Residence Hall Honorary Chapter of the Sun Devil.

Waldier ticket:

Howard Waldier IV, President: Waldier has been a member of USG for two years working on multiple committees and boards either as a member, vice-chair, or chair.

Kyle Lambros, Vice President of Services: Lambros is the current Chair of the Committee on Government Operations.

Aleksandra Grozic, Vice President of Policy: Grozic is a new orientation peer adviser for the W.P. Carey School of Business and a secretary and committee chair of Honors Devils.

Graduate and Professional Students Association

President:

Sergio Favela: Favela received his undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice and Criminology and is currently in a master’s program at the ASU School of Criminology and Social Justice.

Megan Fisk: Fisk is the Vice President of Professional Development for GPSA and a graduate student in the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication.

Vice President of Internal Affairs:

Lisa Lacy: Lacy is a third year doctoral student in the Curriculum and Instruction program in the Mary Lou Fulton Teacher’s College. She is GPSA’s Assembly President Pro Tempore.

Vice President of External Affairs:

German Cadenas: Cadenas is the Vice president of External Affairs for GPSA and is a second year doctoral student in counseling psychology at ASU.

Vice President of Professional Development:

Jason Striker: Striker is the Information Technology Director for GPSA and is the director of relations for the National Assocation of Graduate & Professional Students.

Continue following The State Press throughout the coming weeks for further election coverage.

This story has been corrected to reflect Natasha Yenina's current position.

×