Woman knocks over boyfriend's smoking pipes during fight

Tempe Police reported the following incident Friday:

A Tempe woman was arrested Feb. 12 on the 1000 block of East Susan Lane on suspicion of criminal damage, according to a police report.

The woman and her boyfriend were fighting inside their shared apartment, because she accused him of cheating on her, police reported.

During the argument, the boyfriend grabbed a plastic toy from the floor and held it between himself and the woman, according to the report.

The woman told police she thought the boyfriend was going to throw the toy at her, so she knocked over many of his glass smoking pipes from the shelf above their television, police reported.

All of the boyfriend’s pipes, which cost an estimated $15,000, were broken, according to the report.

The woman tried to leave the apartment after breaking the pipes, but her boyfriend grabbed her wrist and punched her in the face, police reported.

Police saw that the woman’s cheek was swollen from the punch after they arrived, according to the report.

The boyfriend was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence and transported to Tempe City Jail, police reported.

The woman was also transported to the jail, where she was booked and released, according to the report.

The woman and her boyfriend share a child and lived in their apartment for 11 months, police reported.

Report compiled by Shawn Raymundo

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @ShawnFVRaymundo

×