Person enters woman's dorm room

ASU Police reported the following incidents Friday:

Police were called to the 200 block of East Apache Boulevard on April 6 because of a suspected criminal trespass incident, according to a police report.

A 20-year-old woman was sleeping in her dorm room in Hayden Hall when a man wearing a black hat and white shirt used a key to unlock and open the door, police reported.

When he saw the woman in bed, the man ran out of the door and down the hallway of the building, according to the report.

The woman yelled for her 19-year-old roommate to wake up, and the two waited with the door locked for about five minutes before leaving the room or calling police, because they didn’t know if he would return, police reported.

The 19-year-old woman told police she saw a white male in a white shirt who appeared "high" in the hallway, according to the report.

The person told the woman he was looking for a friend, and the 20-year-old said he was not the same person that entered their room, police reported.

The two women said they wished to aid in prosecution, and University Housing changed the lock on their room's door, according to the report.

Security cameras in the elevator captured photos of a man with a white shirt and black hat, but the woman couldn’t positively identify him, police reported.

Police have no leads, witnesses or suspects at this time, according to the report.

A 32-year-old man was arrested April 6 on the 50 block of East Tenth Street on suspicion of trespassing and loitering, according to a police report.

A person who called police said the man was living inside the J. Russell and Bonita Nelson Fine Arts Center, police reported.

When the officer arrived, he recognized the man from previous trespassing incidents, according to the report.

The man told police he was passing through campus and doing breathing exercises, police reported.

A background check revealed that the man had been warned for trespassing several times before, according to the report.

The man said two police officers had transported him to the Fourth Avenue Jail on Jan. 21 for trespassing on ASU property and told him he couldn’t enter the University, police reported.

The man was transported to the ASU Police Department, where he was issued a citation, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shawn Raymundo.

Reach the reporter at sraymund@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @ShawnFVRaymundo

×