The Campus Closet: DIY Floral Headpiece

Photo collage of how to make a floral headpiece. Click to enlarge. Collage and photos by Gabi Nelson

Coachella starts this weekend, flowers are blooming and I still haven’t given you a DIY project for a floral headpiece like I promised in my “What To Pack For A Music Festival” post.

Floral headpieces are super fun to wear and easy to make if you have the right materials and about 30 minutes. So channel your inner free spirit, or your Lana Del Rey, and rock the floral headpiece this spring!

Materials:

Photo collage of how to make a floral headpiece. Click to enlarge. Collage and photos by Gabi Nelson Photo collage of how to make a floral headpiece. Click to enlarge. Collage and photos by Gabi Nelson

Artificial flowers (You can find them at Michaels)

Scissors

Green floral tape

Bonus: You can use real flowers as well for this project!

Step one:

Measure the stem of on one of the artificial flowers so it fits around your head and cut.

Step two:

Bend the wirey stem into a circle. Next wrap the green floral tape around the ends so they connect. Wrap another layer of floral tape around the ends to make it stronger.

Step three:

Cut the artificial flowers off the stem. Make sure you leave about an inch of stem on the flower.

Step four:

Create and lay out your design with the cut flowers.

Step five:

Now it’s time to attach the flowers. To attach the flowers to the headpiece, wrap the floral tape around the stem of the flower and headpiece. Make sure it’s tight and snug.

Step six:

Double wrap the whole headpiece in green floral tape to make sure it’s sturdy and looks unified.

Step seven:

Wear your new floral headpiece made by you!

With suggestions, comments, or ideas email me at gmnelson@asu.edu, or find me on Twitter @gabinelsonlove

×