The Campus Closet: Here On The Corner Boutique, Dangerously Close to ASU

Some of Here On The Corner’s latest threads for springtime. Photo by Gabi Nelson

Quote that greets you into the shop. Photo by Gabi Nelson Quote that greets you into the shop. Photo by Gabi Nelson

Yesterday I stopped into the shop Here On The Corner, located across the street from the northwest side of campus, literally right on the corner of College Avenue. Upon entering I was greeted by a sign that said “Fashion is not necessarily about labels, it’s not about brands, it’s about something else that comes from you.” I loved this quote, which lead me into this boutique to see what it was all about.

Inside Here On The Corner you will find clothing, accessories, and shoes from many local designers for men and women. Along with keeping it local they are also are strong believers in carrying products that go to helping a good cause, like a mens clothing line that donates a percentage of its proceeds to help animals in need. Their passion for helping the community is probably why they are a big lover of TOMS shoes, and carry many different styles of this brand as well.

Whether you are searching for comfy everyday clothing to wear around campus or the perfect party dress, they have it here. For a decade they have mastered buying fashion-forward trends for ASU students. It is easy to find what you are looking for with their color-coded racks, and the prices are super-affordable (important to any college student!)

Some of Here On The Corner’s latest threads for springtime. Photo by Gabi Nelson Some of Here On The Corner’s latest threads for springtime. Photo by Gabi Nelson

On April 16 the shop is participating in a competition called “ODWD” (one day without shoes.) To enter stop by Here On The Corner and drop off your shoes for the day. If you participate in not wearing shoes for the entire day you will be entered in a raffle to win a free pair of TOMS. The goal of this competition is to raise awareness for children around the world who cannot afford shoes. Come support and learn for yourself what it’s like to go without shoes for the day.

Here On The Corner is dangerously convenient for any ASU fashionista, located at 714 S College Ave. Next time you have a break from class be sure to check them out! You can also find them online or on Facebook!

With any comments, suggestions, or story ideas email me at gmnelson@asu.edu, or find me on Twitter @gabinelsonlove

×