Woman's credit account charged for Walmart purchase

Tempe Police reported the following incident Thursday:

A 22-year-old woman reported her credit card account was used fraudulently on March 28 to purchase items from walmart.com, according to a police report.

A person used the credit card number at 5:30 a.m. to have items delivered to the 1400 block of South Rural Road, police reported.

The person purchased a Power Wheel ride-on toy and a gift card for $422.13, according to the report.

The items were to be delivered under the woman's name to an apartment mailbox at the Sonora Center residential community, police reported.

The woman told police she had possession of her bank card, according to the report.

The officer investigated the mailbox number and room number with the Sonora Center desk and was told room numbers were not numbered like mailbox numbers, police reported.

The officer tracked the person listed to the mailbox number, questioned him about the purchase and the name of the woman to whom it was being delivered, according to the report.

The man said he did not know the woman or of the purchase and said he was sleeping at the time of the purchase, police reported.

The man was willing to be contacted by police if there were any further questions during the pending investigation, according to the report.

Report compiled by Jacqueline Solis.

Reach the reporter at jcsolis@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @jackiecsolis

×