Fashion Addiction: Junky Trunk

Junky Trunk Boutique from The State Press on Vimeo.

The junk in this trunk is anything but “junk.” And any of its Instagram followers can attest to this.

With fashionable and comfortable clothes, Junky Trunk's co-owner Hayley Netko describes the boutique's offerings as, "West-coast-laid-back style meets city-girl-chic."

Hayley Netko and her mother, Shelli Netko, took over the boutique a few years ago at a time when the shop's owners ran a Facebook page with only 200 followers.

Now, the shop's personal page is followed by more than 1,000 subscribers, befriended by 4,000 others, and with over 7,000 likes on its Fan Page.

Striving for consistency, the Netko’s post pictures of products, discounts and giveaways on their business’s Facebook page daily. But it's Instagram that's allowed Junky Trunk to open it's cyber doors to an international audience.

When the company first started their own profile on the app, they had a mere 100 people following. But over time, it quickly grew to 6,000. Today, the following stands at more than 28,000.

Located in Gilbert on Val Vista and Baseline, Junky Trunk Boutique is found in the perfect complex for all things girly, as it neighbors a nail salon, massage center and café.

Hayley Netko is most proud of helping women feel and look their best. With hopes of expanding the store location nationwide, one thing Hayley Netko wants to remain constant is the personable atmosphere that shoppers aren’t always able to receive in their local malls.

“No matter how many stores we have, we want to give [people] that personal experience where you come and feel like you’re taken care of," says Hayley Netko.

The company is currently in the process of designing their own label, unique to Junky Trunk Boutique.

Hayley Netko loves the current lines that are sold in the store, but hopes to provide her “Junkies” more outfit choices that are exclusive to the store.

Reach the producer at luunguyen94@gmail.com or via Twitter @luu_t_nguyen.

×