Police: Man burglarizes home after entering through doggie door

Tempe police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 24-year-old Tempe man was arrested Aug. 29 on the 1800 block of East Kirkland Lane on suspicion of second degree burglary and trafficking stolen property, according to a police report.

The man burglarized a house after entering through the doggie door while the victim was not home earlier this year, according to the report. He had taken an Xbox 360, four or five watches and a firefighter academy graduation coin, police reported.

The man's mother told police he had admitted to the robbery and trafficking of the stolen items in order to buy heroin, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held pending charges, police reported.

• A 23-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sept. 1 at Fourth Street and Mill Avenue on suspicion of dangerous drugs and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Officers stopped the man, along with two other men, after crossing Mill Avenue illegally within the crosswalk while the no walking signal was illuminated, police reported.

The man had a green backpack, which the officer asked him to open, according to the report. Upon opening the bag, the man stated it was not his but a friend’s, police reported.

Police found a pink glass pipe with white residue, according to the report. There was also a clear plastic baggie containing a crystal-like substance believed to be methamphetamine, according to the report.

The man admitted he had used methamphetamine the day before, police reported.

He was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Joey Hancock.

Reach the reporter at jshanco2@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @joey_hancock

×