Police: Woman arrested with marijuana tells officers she's not addicted

Police contacted the woman at a party and arrested her on suspicion of consuming alcohol as a minor.

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 19-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Sept. 13 on the 1600 block of North Sunset Drive on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession and consuming alcohol underage, according to a police report.Police responded to a noise complaint at the location, according to the report. When they arrived, they saw the woman holding a red Solo cup with a foaming gold liquid that resembled beer, police reported.

Officers saw a pipe with marijuana residue in the center console of a car, and the woman confirmed that both the pipe and car belonged to her, according to the report.

She told officers she was going to use the pipe to smoke marijuana, adding that she had done this five times before and that she didn't consider herself addicted, police reported.

The woman was transported to the Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 37-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sept. 14 at West University Drive and South Roosevelt Street on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.Officers stopped the man for riding a bicycle against the flow of traffic on a sidewalk and because his bike was towing a trailer with three other bicycles and bicycle parts, police reported.

Police found a glass pipe with burned residue in his left rear pocket and a plastic baggie with marijuana in his right front shirt pocket, according to the report.

The man told police he owned both the pipe and the marijuana and had previously used the pipe to smoke methamphetamine, police reported.

He was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Julia Shumway.

Reach the managing editor at julia.shumway@asu.edu or follow @JMShumway on Twitter.

×