Tempe Police: Man robs Little Caesar's Pizza, tries to steal car

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 37-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Nov. 17 on the 900 block of East Guadalupe Road on suspicion of armed robbery with a deadly weapon and aggravated robbery, according to a police report.

Police reported that two men entered a Little Caesar’s Pizza armed with knives.

The men held their knives to the neck of an employee while they took about $40 in cash and $50 in rolled coins from the safe, then about $30 in cash and coins from the register, the report said.

The report said shortly after the robbery, the men attempted to steal a car on East Woodman Drive.

The men came up to the vehicle, opened the doors and told the driver to give them her keys or they would kill her, according to police.

The woman reacted by kicking and punching one of the men, police said.

One of the men hit her back, but both were scared off after the woman began honking her car horn, police said.

The report said employees later helped identify the man to police, as did the woman in the vehicle.

Police also reported that there was video surveillance at the Little Caesar’s Pizza and officers found a matching shoe print to the man.

When police arrested the man, he denied any involvement in the robberies and said he was getting high at the park, according to the report.

He was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, the report said.

A 32-year-old Chandler man was arrested Nov. 17 at South 48th Street and West Baseline Road on suspicion of aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, according to a police report.

Police pulled the man over, and once the officer began talking to the man, he smelled like alcohol and had bloodshot watery eyes, the report said.

The man told officers he had been drinking the evening before, police said.

The man gave officers his license and a background check showed he had his driving privileges revoked because of an earlier DUI conviction in 2009, police reported.

Officers took two breath tests of the man and police reported he had an initial reading of .125 then .117 on the second test.

He was booked into Tempe City Jail, where he was held to see a judge, the report said.

Reports compiled by Mark Remillard.

Reach the reporter at mark.remillard@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @markjremillard

×