Bravo to you, ASU students, for making it through the semester! It's been a long 16 weeks, but we're so close to being done. Good luck with finals and these last few days of classes.

Boo to the number of Black Friday deaths as documented by BlackFridayDeathCount.com. The current toll is seven deaths and 90 injuries. It's a shame that the site even has to exist.

Bravo to the ASU football team yet again, this time for retaining the Territorial Cup and clinching homefield advantage in the Pac-12 championship game.

Boo to Spike Lee for his response to designer Juan Luis Garcia’s open letter. Garcia reached out to the film director after he says he worked for two months on concept posters and promotional material for “Oldboy” and received an extremely low offer from an ad agency for his work. Garcia declined, but according to him, the agency nevertheless used his designs. Following the letter, Lee tweeted: “I Never Heard Of This Guy Juan Luis Garcia, If He Has A Beef It’s Not With Me. I Did Not Hire Him, Do Not Know Him. Cheap Trick Writing To Me. YO.” Bravo to Auburn University and the University of Alabama for giving the nation another amazing Iron Bowl, and bravo to Auburn senior cornerback Chris Davis for his improbable 100-plus yard runback, which clinched Auburn's victory and dethroned Alabama as the reigning national champions.

Boo to end-of-the-year budget cuts that affect U.N. workers and those they care for in Palestine, Lebanon, Syria and Jordan. This month, budget cuts could directly affect 30,000 people who rely on the UN for food, health care and education, as well as the workers who assist with providing these necessities to refugees.

Bravo to $12 tickets for next weekend's Pac-12 championship game at Sun Devil Stadium, especially given the insane prices for the Territorial Cup game on Nov. 30.

Boo to the various insensitive and negative reactions on social media after the news of Fast and Furious star Paul Walker's death. Many took it upon themselves within hours of the incident to poke fun at the fact that an actor in movies about driving died in a car accident. It's not ironic, it's tragic. Bravo to Ron Burgundy... er, Will Ferrell in character as Ron Burgundy, for co-anchoring a Bismarck, N.D., newscast on Saturday night. We only wish the legendary anchorman could have joined our own evening news here in the Valley.

Boo to continued failures on the part of school officials in Steubenville, Ohio, to protect students from abuse. Four school officials were indicted on Nov. 27, including Steubenville City Schools superintendent Mike McVey, who was charged with obstructing justice. According to Newsweek, "half the school officials indicted this week are charged with failing to report another alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl" that occurred in April 2012.

Boo-ravo to Josh Romney, who tweeted a picture of himself in front of a wrecked car after helping pull four people out to safety. Good on him for saving people, but we could have done without the "humblebragging."

×