Kardashians' rocky relationships explode in ninth season

With "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" back for its ninth season, the family we have been watching for the past seven years has drastically changed since its 2007 premiere with new relationships, babies and breakups.

This season premiere began to answer some of the tabloid rumors. First we saw Khloé Kardashian dealing with her sinking marriage to former NBA player Lamar Odom. This would have only been a surprise to individuals living under a rock, completely oblivious to the tabloid rumor mill.

The prior season ended with Khloé discussing drug addiction and Lamar acting extremely paranoid. Since then, tabloid magazines exposed that Lamar suffers from drug addiction. She went on to explain that she feels afraid of people and stated that: “I need to get my life in order, but I love to work, as it distracts me, but I go home, and I’m a shattered person."

Her younger brother Rob suggested that Khloé should move out of her house. He also lived with the Odoms at a time, so it’s clear that he has more information than the other siblings.

Expectedly, Khloé filed for divorce in December, though it is unclear whether the divorce has been finalized. The Odom home has since been put up for sale. It looks like there’s not much hope left for the couple.

That wasn’t the only relationship on the rocks. Kris and Bruce Jenner also discussed their issues on the premiere episode. With the end of the lease on their Malibu house approaching, Kris, clearly suffering from an empty nest syndrome, demands that she is ready to have everyone under one roof.

Bruce, ever defiant, doesn’t want to come home. They try to “define” what their relationship is. At a family meeting, their daughter Kendall suggested if they want to be friends instead of spouses, then they should get a divorce. She also seemed heartbroken by the entire situation. It seems the Jenner couple is barely avoiding a divorce, seeing as they are now separated for the time being.

The once most popular Kardashian, Kim, is now engaged to Kanye West and a new mother to their child North. Other than that, keeping up with Kim is as simple as following cardinal directions.

The most comical role of the show remains steadily in the hands of Scott Disick, also known as Lord Disick. Kourtney's boyfriend and father of their two children, the once bad boy boyfriend has now become a hands-on daddy that keeps us all laughing.

Kardashian fans are hoping to get a glimpse of Kanye’s proposal to Kim, their wedding and whatever other drama the family has in store. "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" airs on E! Sundays at 9/8c.

Reach the reporter at mercedes.santana@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @MercedesMS17

×