Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 21-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Feb. 25 on the 900 block of West Broadway Road on suspicion of possession of marijuana for sale, according to a police report.

An officer arrived to the scene after someone placed a complaint call regarding an illegal dispensary of marijuana at a strip mall, police reported.

The officer entered the business and saw marijuana in plain view inside a display case and separated into jars, according to the report.

Police also found cash on the counter and various scales, the report said.

Other officers arrived to the scene and talked to three employees who said they were taking monetary donations in exchange for the marijuana, police said.

The man and the other two employees were transported to Tempe City Jail, where they were booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 31-year-old Tempe man was arrested Feb. 26 on the 600 block of South Ash Avenue on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Officers approached the man and asked him what was in the bag he was holding, police said.

The man said, “It’s marijuana,” and when asked if he had a medical marijuana card, the man said he didn’t, according to the report.

A search of his person revealed a glass pipe with marijuana residue inside his backpack, the report said.

Officers also found a green leafy substance recognized as marijuana inside the bag he was holding, police said.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza

Reach the news editor at dpbaltaz@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @dpalomabp

×