Boo to the Phoenix VA Hospital for delays in treating veterans and bad accounting of treatment and veteran's health. Whether officials were manipulating the numbers to "meet performance goals" or not, the VA system must take care of our service people.

Bravo to "Godzilla." Finally, an action movie that doesn't try to do too much, just plain and simple crumbling buildings and giant monsters.

Boo to the heat in Arizona, which has lingered near the high 90s to low 100s for the past several days. We're excited the spring semester is done, but we're not excited for sweat-stained T-shirts.

Bravo to fall TV ideas. CBS made a good call to not pick up "How I Met Your Dad," and ABC embraced an original idea with "Fresh Off the Boat," the first sitcom in decades to feature an Asian-American family.

Boo to Tempe losing two restaurant favorites, the Sacks located on 35 E. 9th St. and the 24-hour IHOP located on Apache Boulevard. Sacks is closing for a USA Basketball development project that will include a conference center, while IHOP will close June 1, two weeks after the adjacent Twins Palms hotel also closes for renovations.

Bravo to the legalization of same-sex marriages around the country. Pennsylvania's and Oregon's bans were struck down in the last two days. According to NBC News, 44 percent of the US population lives in a state that allows people of the same gender to marry each other.

Boo to the vast damage caused by recent wildfires in San Diego. With a combination of high temperatures, high winds and dry ground, the fires charred tens of thousands of acres of land and resulted in the evacuations of up to 125,000 people, according to Reuters. The fires have been nearly contained as of early this week.

Bravo to Diane Humetewa, who will be the first Native American woman to become a federal judge in the U.S. Humetewa, who grew up in a Hopi reservation that didn’t have electricity in northern Arizona, went to law school at ASU and was unanimously approved by the U.S. Senate to become a federal judge in Arizona.

Boo-ravo to the new downtown Phoenix drive-through coffee shop, “Bikini Beans Espresso,” which touts baristas in bikinis, because why not? Bravo to the novel idea, but boo to probable health code violations.

Boo-ravo to the Sun Devil softball team's season. It's a shame that the team lost so early in the postseason, but, as it does every year, the team played well and made ASU proud. Go Devils!

×