Horoscopes for the week of Aug. 17 to 23

For us college folk, the summer is doing that thing where it ends. That's a little bit of a bummer if you’re a fan of leisure and aimlessness; however, with school comes a sense of purpose! Things to do! Books to buy! As the great gears of the ASU machine begin to turn again and we all start anew, we all could use a little guidance from the stars — and a little musical accompaniment. (Note: the reporter does not take responsibility for the accuracy of these predictions; the stars can be wrong sometimes).

Aries (March 21 to April 19)

Song: “Lose Yourself to Dance” by Daft Punk

You’ve likely been in summer party mode, so good news: You get to stay there! The stars are aligned for the good vibes to continue, so make sure to make lots of plans to socialize (but maybe keep a sense of balance in mind now that school’s starting, eh?). To boot, your fifth house of joy and pleasure is aligned with both the sun and Venus in Leo, so your wooing skills are on the upswing. Use those to your advantage to improve your romantic forecast if you’ve been a tad lonesome as of late. Either way, don’t be afraid to lose yourself to good times.

Taurus (April 20 to May 20)

Song: “Solitude is Bliss” by Tame Impala

Now would be the time to consider lone wolfing it for a while. The stars have spoken, and working alone until next month (when things will take a positive turn for teamwork) is probably a good idea. Now’s the time to seek advice from friends and gather yourself before the school year starts to get hectic.

Gemini (May 21 to June 20)

Song: “A Day Without Rain” by Enya

As the summer winds down, now is the ideal time, Gemini, to keep a close eye on the state of your mental and physical health. Even though school is starting, don’t get too stressed. Try eating healthy, and maybe organize your room (laundry can sometimes be the fastest way to Zen). The stars think you have a high probability of getting overwhelmed this week, so aim to keep the crazy parties to a minimum and opt for calmer nights in. This is usually a problem for you, but calm isn’t always such a bad thing.

Cancer (June 21 to July 22)

Song: “Ready to Start” by Arcade Fire

From here until the end of the month, the name of the game is work. Make sure to keep a close eye on your to-do list and accomplish as much as possible so you’re not behind when September rolls around and school becomes, you know, like an actual thing. There will be time for relaxation soon, but the endless expanse of leisure known as summer has ended, and it’s time to get focused. Maybe buy a planner or something.

Leo (July 23 to Aug. 22)

Song: “Money Power Glory” by Lana Del Rey

As the Sun exits Leo in the coming days and wanders over to Virgo for a while, now is the time to focus on practicality and productivity. Money just might be on your mind for a while, so consider tossing a few coins into a savings jar somewhere (Note: “a few coins” is a fun way of saying “actually start saving real money”). The good news, though, is that since Jupiter and Venus are synced up with the same degree of Leo, you’re going to be considerably more influential than usual over those around you. Now’s the time to sell people on your ideas — you just have to make sure you do the ground work first so you’re not just selling great abstractions.

Virgo (Aug. 23 to Sept. 22)

Song: “The Stars Keep Calling My Name” by Mac DeMarco

Thursday is going to be the prime time for breaking the ice with new social groups and improving the quality of your relationships with longtime friends — which is due, in part, to some magical alignment of the Cancer moon, Mars and Neptune forming a golden triangle on your star chart. Which is cool. So go out and do that “social butterfly” thing. Aside from the cosmic triangle jazz, August is also your month for rejuvenation in all aspects of your life. Turn over some new leaves and try new things. Don’t worry too much about a particular destination at this time, as things are just getting started.

Libra (Sept. 23 to Oct. 22)

Song: “Before We Begin” by Broadcast

Change is in the air (in more ways than just returning to school), but the good news is that you’re an air sign, so you’re typically a pretty tranquil person and you normally think things through before beginning anything. Keep to that this month, even if it’s a little frustrating at times. You’re setting yourself up for the rest of the year right now, so take the time to regroup and think things through before running full speed into anything. Don’t get spend too much of this time thinking about the past, though. You’re in the midst of a new beginning — just think things through, eh?

Scorpio (Oct. 23 to Nov. 21)

Song: “March of the Valkyrie” by Richard Wagner

This is the month to achieve, find, conquer or whatever you’ve been after, Scorpio. Your first, tenth and eleventh houses will make you almost unreasonably popular and successful — just make sure you don’t get too aggressive (this advice is particularly useful for you all year ‘round, actually). With Mars and Saturn in Scorpio, things could get a little ugly if you don’t check yourself. Keep that in mind, though, and you’ll be golden.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 to Dec. 21)

Song: “What Would I Want? Sky” by Animal Collective

You often tend to find yourself gazing up into the sky (figuratively and literally), but now is the time to focus your gaze on the road ahead. Where are you headed? Are you even on a road at all?

(Note: it’s really all gravy if you aren’t on any beaten path, but taking stock in your physical surroundings is good idea this week). Ask yourself questions like these, eh? You’ve got quite the creative spark, but every so often you really just gotta focus that talent towards something concrete.

Capricorn (Dec. 22 to Jan. 19)

Song: “Not A Friend” by Cat’s Eyes

This week, the stars suggest you take a break from relationships/friendships/ships in general that have you stressed out. Evaluate the relationships in your life, and trim out the excess fat. Quality over quantity is overused, but in the age when it’s not uncommon to have hundreds of “friends” on social media, it’s truer than ever.

Aquarius (Jan. 20 to Feb. 18)

Song: “Bring Us Closer Together” by Hooray for Earth

It’s in the cards that you just might meet someone new in the coming weeks who will help increase your status. In order to really get close with someone, though, you’re going to have to come out from behind your wall of sarcasm and jokes and consider being vulnerable for a hot second. You might miss a killer opportunity if you don’t drop the charade. This is also the week for you get grounded and productive. Develop a working routine now that school is a thing again, but don’t overcomplicate things. Consider scaling back on some things to make room for new growth. Hint: The answer is no, you really don’t need it.

Pisces (Feb. 19 to March 20)

Song: “Ready for the Floor” by Hot Chip

Solitary confinement is not in the cards for you this week. Go out into the almost oppressive heat and work with others to help achieve your goals. With the Cancer moon in your fifth house, you could really make a name for yourself if you take a leap into social situations that might otherwise make you nervous. Romantically speaking, this means that a relationship that’s been dragging along in the “casual” zone just might get upgraded to something a bit more serious. If you’re still on the lookout for a cuddle buddy, don’t automatically disregard those who aren’t a carbon copy of you. Sometimes some of the best chemistry is sparked between those who don’t necessarily see eye to eye on everything.

Reach the reporter zachariah.webb@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @zachariahkaylar.

×