Tempe Police: Man kicks door, causes $300 of damage

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 47-year-old Santa Barbara, Calif., man was arrested Aug. 21 on West Fairmont Drive on suspicion of criminal damage, marijuana possession and having an outstanding warrant, according to a police report.

Police were originally called to this address for unknown trouble, but when officers arrived, they found that the man had repeatedly kicked a front door, police reported.

The residents were concerned, and the damages to the door were estimated to be approximately $300, according to the report.

The man had usable quantities of marijuana in his pocket and a valid California medical marijuana license, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

An 18-year-old Tempe man was arrested Aug. 23 on the 1100 block of South Terrace Road on suspicion of marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and underage drinking, according to a police report.

A large group of young people were walking northbound on Terrace Road toward Lemon Street, when police noticed the man was yelling and running around a parking lot, police reported.

Officers noticed that he had blood shot and watery eyes and slurred speech, according to the report.

When they searched the man, they noticed that he had four bags of marijuana that were 1 inch by 1 inch and two packs of Swisher Sweet Cigarillos in his pocket, police reported.

Reports compiled by Shelby Slade.

Reach the news editor at sgslade@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @shelbygslade

×