Tempe Police: Man urinates, tries to snort cocaine behind restaurant

Tempe Police reported the following incidents on Thursday:

A 22-year-old Phoenix man was arrested on the 500 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of narcotic possession, marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and urinating in public, according to a police report.

Officers on bicycles observed the man emerging from a dark corner, which is a common place where people choose to urinate, on the back side of My Big Fat Greek Restaurant, police reported.

One officer approached the man while the other officer approached where the man emerged from and saw a cell phone on a brick wall with two lines of a white powdery substance, according to the report.

A small plastic card and piece of rolled paper were found with the cell phone and a fresh puddle of urine was also nearby, police reported.

The man was arrested and during a search told police he had a small plastic baggie of cocaine in his right sock, a small plastic baggie of marijuana in his right hip pocket and a pack of cigarillos the man used to smoke the marijuana, according to the report.

The man told officers he had urinated in the alley and he planned to snort cocaine off his cell phone, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 21-year-old Scottsdale man was arrested on the 2000 block of West Rio Salado Parkway for an outstanding warrant, according to a police report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, and officers found meth in the man's socks during a strip search, police reported.

The man told officers he did not know he had methamphetamine in his possession, according to a police report. He also said if he had known he would have smoked it and not brought it into the jail, police reported.

The man was booked and released pending the drug charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Joey Hancock.

Reach the reporter at jshanco2@asu.edu or follow on Twitter @joey_hancock

×