Tempe Police: Men fight over woman

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

A 26-year-old Tempe man was arrested on the 2500 block of East Hermosa Drive on suspicion of being a fugitive from justice, according to a police report.

Officers called for help after receiving reports of two men fighting in the backyard, police reported.

The man said he and another man had been arguing about a woman and the other man at the scene wanted him to leave, according to the report

The man said he was punched twice in the eye by the other man and appeared to have slight swelling under his left eye, police reported.

The man said he then grabbed the other man and began wrestling on the ground in the front yard and the fight continued into the backyard, according to the report.

The man had several scratches on his knees, elbows, lower back and feet, police reported.

The woman who saw the fight said both men were throwing punches at each other, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested on 8600 block of Dorsey Lane on suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and underage drinking, according to a police report.

The man was contacted during a traffic stop, where he was the passenger and told police he drank a few beers earlier that night, police reported.

The officer said he could smell the distinct odor of alcohol and that the man had bloodshot, watery eyes, according to the report.

The driver and other passenger of the vehicle had also been drinking, police reported.

The driver of the car was arrested for multiple outstanding warrants and other charges, according to the report.

Police searched the car and found a usable amount of marijuana behind the driver’s seat on the floorboard in a clear zip-close bag, according to the report.

Two small green zip-close bags used to hold marijuana were found in the center compartment of the car, police reported.

The man told officers the marijuana belonged to the driver, but the other passenger said the marijuana belonged to the man, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Joey Hancock.

Reach the reporter at jshanco2@asu.edu or follow on Twitter @joey_hancock

×