ASU police trying to find missing freshman

Exploratory freshman Jake Hoekstra has been missing for 48 hours since he was last seen on Monday morning on the Tempe campus. (Photo Courtesy of Facebook)

Exploratory freshman Jake Hoekstra has been missing for 48 hours since he was last seen on Monday morning on the Tempe campus. (Photo Courtesy of Facebook) Exploratory freshman Jake Hoekstra
has been missing for 48 hours since he
was last seen on Monday morning on
the Tempe campus. (Photo Courtesy
of Facebook)

UPDATE: Jake Hoekstra was located Thursday morning and is being treated at Saint Joseph's Hospital for possible memory loss and a bump on his head, according to an Arizona Republic article.

Exploratory freshman Jake Hoekstra has been missing for 48 hours since he was last seen on Monday morning on the Tempe campus.

According to police, he was last seen on Monday at 1 a.m. when he left his residential hall, ASU police said.

Hoekstra is 6-foot-3 with short blonde hair and blue eyes and weighs approximately 200 pounds, according to police. He was last seen in a white T-shirt, blue jeans and black and red Nikes.

Hoekstra's mother, Mary Juetten said on her public Facebook profile that Hoekstra took money from his bank about 20 hours after he left campus.  She said he left his phone in his room but a text was sent from it last night.

Police say they do not suspect any foul play.

Anyone with information about Hoekstra’s whereabouts is asked to call ASU police at 480-965-3456.

Stay with The State Press for updates.

Reach the assistant news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @kelciegrega

LikeThe State Press on Facebook and follow@statepresson Twitter.

×