Pac-12 Week 10 primer: Full slate of Saturday games

Sun Devil football fans cheer for ASU during the game against Washington on Oct. 25 at Husky Stadium. ASU defeated Washington 24-10. (Photo by Andrew Ybanez)

Sun Devil football fans cheer for ASU during the game against Washington on Oct. 25 at Husky Stadium. ASU defeated Washington 24-10. (Photo by Andrew Ybanez) Sun Devil football fans cheer for ASU during the game against Washington on Oct. 25 at Husky Stadium. ASU defeated Washington 24-10. (Photo by Andrew Ybanez)

For the first time this season, all 12 teams in the Pac-12 are in action on the same day. Thanks to TV networks and those who schedule Pac-12 games, ASU doesn't play until 8 p.m., so you have all day to either a) tailgate or b) watch more Pac-12 football (or, if you're efficient, do both).

Here's a breakdown of each game on Saturday, in order, starting with Washington at Colorado at 10 a.m. and ending with ASU vs. Utah at 8 p.m. for more than 12 consecutive hours of Pac-12 football.

(All times Arizona time)

10 a.m.

Washington Huskies (5-3, 1-3 Pac-12) at Colorado Buffaloes (2-6, 0-5 Pac-12)

TV: Pac-12 Networks

Line: Washington by four (Over/under: 58)

The Huskies will try to rebound from a tough loss to ASU when they take on Colorado bright and early at Folsom Field. The line is probably a little conservative for this one (Cal was even favored in UW's 31-7 win there), and there's no real reason UW can't leave with a win. The Huskies seem able to beat the teams they should, but they haven't beaten any team that's at their level or above. Colorado, meanwhile, is still looking for its first Pac-12 win. With two road games and all the remaining three left against top-25 teams, this could be the Buffaloes' best shot at getting it.

Prediction: Washington 34, Colorado 13

1:30 p.m.

USC Trojans (5-3, 4-2 Pac-12) at Washington State Cougars (2-6, 1-4 Pac-12)

TV: Pac-12 Networks

Line: USC by 9.5 (Over/under: 64.5)

The Trojans will be looking to avenge an embarrassing loss to the Cougars last season, one which really set the tone for the season, despite USC finishing with 10 wins. The loss led to the eventual firing of Lane Kiffin, after calls for his job heated up following the loss. It's a different USC team this season, though. However, the results aren't much different in the first year under Steve Sarkisian. That doesn't make it any less unlikely that this game isn't a blowout, though. Even Vegas says this is at least a two-score game, and I say more. It's pretty tough to shut down Washington State's prolific passing game, but USC shouldn't have any troubles scoring on WSU's porous defense.

Prediction: USC 48, Washington State 28

4:30 p.m.

Stanford Cardinal (5-3, 3-2 Pac-12) at No. 5 Oregon Ducks (7-1, 4-1 Pac-12)

TV: FOX

Line: Oregon by eight (Over/under: 55.5)

Last year, I ate my words when I said the Ducks would have no problem with Stanford. I'm calling it again this season, and I don't think it's going to be close. At least last year, it was a battle between Oregon and Stanford for the best in the Pac-12. This season, Stanford is down a peg or two in the Conference of Champions, while Oregon is back and better than ever -- again. Stanford's defense is good enough that Oregon shouldn't be able to score at will, but that offense just won't be able to keep up.

Prediction: Oregon 38, Stanford 20

7:30 p.m.

California Golden Bears (4-4, 2-4 Pac-12) at Oregon State Beavers (4-3, 1-3 Pac-12)

TV: Pac-12 Networks

Line: Oregon State by 4.5 (Over/under: 66.5)

Expect a shootout in a matchup of two middle-of-the-road Pac-12 programs. Oregon State hasn't lived up to expectations of contending in the Pac-12 North (again), while Cal has surprised many, winning three more games than last season already and multiplying its conference wins by infinity. The 4.5-point spread indicates Vegas is betting this one fairly close. Typically, three points go to the home team, leaving 1.5 in favor of the Beavers. It should be a close one, as neither team should be able to stop the other. It could come down to whichever team has the ball last.

Prediction: California 56, Oregon State 49

No. 12 UA Wildcats (6-1, 3-1 Pac-12) at No. 22 UCLA Bruins (6-2, 3-2 Pac-12)

TV: ESPN

Line: UCLA by 6.5 (Over/under: 70.5)

This is one of two key games in the Pac-12 South race on Saturday. While it's a longshot for UCLA to win it right now, a win over UA would do the Bruins wonders. Anu Solomon has been a savior at quarterback for the Wildcats, who I bet wish they had him last season, rather than B.J. Denker. Give UA a good quarterback last season, and it could have won 10 games. It just might this season, even without Ka'Deem Carey.

Solomon's 2014 (through seven games): 200-of-316 (63.3 percent), 2430 yards (7.69 per attempt), 20 TDs, 4 INTs

Denker's 2013: 233-of-381 (61.2 percent), 2516 yards (6.6 per attempt), 16 TDs, 7 INTs

Prediction: UA 31, UCLA 21

8 p.m.

No. 17 Utah Utes (6-1, 3-1 Pac-12) at No. 14 ASU Sun Devils (6-1, 4-1 Pac-12)

TV: FOX Sports 1

Line: ASU by 6.5 (Over/under: 58.5)

Click here for all our coverage of ASU vs. Utah.

Reach the reporter at ewebeck@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @EvanWebeck

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow them on Twitter @statepresssport

×