Tempe Police: Man calls police for unwanted guest, has marijuana in pocket

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 21-year-old man was arrested Oct. 10 in the the 600 block of East Malibu Drive on suspicion of marijuana possession, according to a police report.

Police responded to a call of an unwanted guest, police reported.

When they contacted the man outside his residence, officers saw a clear plastic bag sticking out of his front left pocket, police reported.

Police asked the man to remove the bag, at which time he removed it and dropped it on the ground, according to the report.

Police noticed the bag contained marijuana, but the man told police it did not contain marijuana, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 23-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Oct. 10 on Beck Avenue and Sixth Street on suspicion of failing to appear in court and narcotic drug possession, according to a police report.

The man was contacted during a vehicle stop where police ran his license and found he had an outstanding warrant, police reported.

Prior to being arrested the man told police he had cocaine with him, according to the report.

A search of the man revealed a plastic baggy inside his pants containing cocaine and another plastic container containing cocaine in his pocket, police reported.

The man was taken to the Tempe Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Ryan Davis.

Reach the reporter at rtdavis1@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @ryantaylordavis

×