Tempe Police: Man steals roommate's TV to help pay for roommate's portion of the rent

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 34-year-old Tempe man was arrested Oct. 11 on the 1500 block of Scottsdale Road on suspicion of theft and trafficking in stolen property, according to a police report.

The man stole his roommate's TV and sold it while the roommate was incarcerated for approximately seven days for a probation violation, police reported.

He said he took the TV and sold it for $400 to cover the roommate's portion of the rent that was coming due, according to police.

The man said he did not have permission to take or sell the TV, police reported.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked, police reported.

A 45-year-old Tempe man was arrested Oct. 10 on the 2000 block of Mill Avenue on suspicion of aggravated driving under the influence after an investigation revealed that he drove from the Walgreens on South Mill Avenue without any headlights on, according to a police report.

The investigation also revealed that the man drove east on El Parque Drive toward with the headlights off, police reported.

When the man exited his vehicle, his face appeared very pale, his eyes appeared bloodshot and watery, his speech sounded thick and slurred and he had a strong, distinct odor of an intoxicating beverage coming from his breath, police reported.

His balance was very poor and he later admitted to consuming multiple beers, according to police.

He submitted to standard field sobriety tests, which revealed poor performance on the physical tests and a .144 blood alcohol content, police reported.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Andrew Nicla.

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @andrewniclaASU.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×