Tempe Police: Woman steals credit card, is seen opening residences' doors

A 26-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Oct. 23 on the 3000 block of South Margo Drive on suspicion of trespassing, possession of burglary tools and credit card theft, according to a police report.

The investigation revealed that the woman had taken a credit card from a mailbox on South Margo Drive and fled the area on foot.

They contacted the woman on South Priest Drive, where she denied taking the credit card and stated that it had been at the door of the residence, according to the report.

The true owner of the credit card confirmed to the officers that she was expecting it to be mailed to her.

The woman was also identified as the person whom witnesses saw going into mailboxes and opening the doors of residences, according to the report.

When officers interviewed the woman further, she admitted to removing the mail from the door of the residences, but not the mailbox.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 23-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Oct. 23 on the 4000 block of South Wendler Drive on suspicion of having two outstanding warrants, theft and marijuana, dangerous drugs, narcotic drugs and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Police conducted a protective sweep of the hotel room the woman was renting and found morphine, methamphetamine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

During the investigation, police also noticed that the woman had two outstanding warrants, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge.

Reports compiled by Emi Kamezaki.

Reach the reporter at ekamezak@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @emikamezaki

×