The Los Angeles Dodgers's Clayton Kershaw walks to the dugout after grounding out against the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 4 of the National League Division Series at Busch Stadium in St. Louis on Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2014. The Cards knocked out the Dodgers with a 3-2 win. (Photo Courtesy of Wally Skalij/Los Angeles Times/MCT) The Los Angeles Dodgers's Clayton Kershaw walks to the dugout after grounding out against the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 4 of the National League Division Series at Busch Stadium in St. Louis on Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2014. The Cards knocked out the Dodgers with a 3-2 win. (Photo Courtesy of Wally Skalij/Los Angeles Times/MCT)

Bravo to Major League Baseball's Most Valuable Players. Clayton Kershaw, who was also the NL Cy Young award winner, took home the MVP in the National League and Mike Trout won the American League MVP by unanimous vote.

Boo to the new Beam app, which shows what you're typing before you've sent your text message. We all know the frustration of seeing a typing ellipsis, but this seems like a step too far to reduce that anxiety. Not to mention, there are some things better left — untyped.

The new Downtown Tempe logo was revealed at the new Culinary Dropout restaurant in Tempe on Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014.  (Photo by Alexis Macklin) The new Downtown Tempe logo was revealed at the new Culinary Dropout restaurant in Tempe on Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014. (Photo by Alexis Macklin)

Boo to the "rebranded" Mill Avenue namesake, Downtown Tempe, or "DT" which is a poor attempt for the off-campus hub to distance itself from the University which populated and patronized it, allowing it to gain national recognition.

Bravo to Elizabeth Warren's new position as strategic policy adviser to the Democratic Policy and Communications Committee. Democrats should be thankful to have a leader as bold and fearless as she.

President Obama delivers his speech during the Civil Rights Summit at the LBJ Presidential Library in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday, April 10, 2014. (Photo Courtesy of Vernon Bryant/Dallas Morning News/MCT) President Obama delivers his speech during the Civil Rights Summit at the LBJ Presidential Library in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday, April 10, 2014. (Photo Courtesy of Vernon Bryant/Dallas Morning News/MCT)

Bravo to Barack Obama for urging the Federal Communications Commission to implement stronger rules to protect net neutrality. An equal-access, open Internet is a better Internet.

Boo to the person who left a threatening message on an ASU student's car. The letter read, “Hey, your milk is not is not giving me the right kind of silkworm larva anymore, and I’d like my f—ing money back! I’ve been watching you from a safe distance and gravity is a real thing, ergo, see you Wednesday night. The end of the nights,” and was signed,”Sandwich.” Police said not to worry and that they were working to make sure students are safe at all times.

(Photo Courtesy of Warner Bros./MCT) (Photo Courtesy of Warner Bros./MCT)

Bravo to the "Gilmore Girls" reunion of Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, and creator Amy Sherman-Palladino. The trio will reunite at the 2015 ATX Television Festival in Austin. Even a Friday night dinner won't keep me away!

Boo to the immense coverage of Kim Kardashian's immense... well, you know what. Kardashian's physics-defying champagne landing beat out the more important interstellar comet landing the European Space Agency pulled off earlier Thursday. On that point...

(Photo Courtesy of ESA) (Photo Courtesy of ESA)

Bravo to a truly incredible success in space: the touchdown of the Philae lander on Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. Scientists hope to further uncover the origins of our universe through Philae's technology.

Boo to Rep. Matthew Salmon, R-Arizona, for leading fellow Republicans in trying to protest President Barack Obama's "illegal amnesty." We don't even know what Obama's immigration plan is yet, Matt; take it easy.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×