Tempe Police: Man punches security guard at bar

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

A 23-year-old Laveen man was arrested Nov. 8 outside on the 400 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of assault, disorderly conduct, third-degree trespassing and having an outstanding warrant, according to a police report.

Police reported that the man was acting disorderly inside of School of Rock and was being escorted out by security while his friend tried to subdue his arms to keep him from striking security.

While security was ordering the man outside, his friend released the man’s arms, allowing the man to use his closed right hand to strike the security guard on the left side of his face, according to the report.

The man was then taken to the ground by security after being escorted out of the bar by several security guards and his friend, police reported. Security then held the man until police arrived on the scene, according to the report.

When police arrived, they confirmed the man’s identity with his Arizona ID card, police reported. A records check also revealed a warrant out on the man for a moving traffic offense, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 37-year-old Gilbert man was arrested Nov. 8 at 7th Street and Mill Avenue on suspicion of driving on a suspended license, according to the police report.

The man was observed driving northbound on Mill Avenue from University Drive in the bike lane for approximately 50 feet, police reported.

The man then drove up on the sidewalk with all four tires for approximately 25 feet, before turning eastbound into a vacant lot then westbound onto 7th Street, where he was stopped by police, according to the report.

A records check by police revealed the man has a suspended Arizona license and a Maricopa County Superior Court warrant for four counts of Aggravated DUI, according to the report.

The man was then transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Jessica Suerth

Reach the reporter at Jlsuerth@asu.edu or on Twitter at @SuerthJessica.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×