Tempe Police: Woman sits on meth, hides it in bra

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 22-year-old Sacaton woman was arrested Nov. 6 in the 700 block of North Mill Avenue on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs, marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to the police report.

The woman was the passenger in a vehicle that was stopped outside of the Marquee Theatre in Tempe for displaying suspended plates, police reported.

Officers saw the woman rolling something in her hands and trying to hide it, and they smelled marijuana coming from the car, according to the report.

The officer then asked the woman to open her hands, to which she complied and displayed a clear, Ziploc baggy containing a usable amount of marijuana, police reported.

The officer then removed the woman from the vehicle, which displayed a clear plastic baggy containing methamphetamine on the seat where she was sitting, police reported.

The woman was asked to exit the car, revealing a bag of methamphetamine, according to the report.

A female officer later removed another sizable amount of methamphetamine from the woman’s bra during a search incident, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

A 48-year-old Tucson woman was arrested Nov. 7 at 3rd Street and Priest Drive on suspicion of dangerous drugs possession and drug paraphernalia possession, according to the police report.

Officers were called to the Extended Stay Hotel in Tempe after a welfare call was conducted, police reported.

During the investigation, officers reported that the woman revealed that she was in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and released pending charges, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Jessica Suerth

Reach the reporter at Jlsuerth@asu.edu or on Twitter at @SuerthJessica.

×