ASU men's basketball demolishes Cal

Senior guard Bo Barnes nails a jumper late in the second half at the ASU vs UNLV game on Dec. 3rd, 2014 at the Wells Fargo Arena. Barnes's 11 points would help the Sun Devils to a 77-55 victory over the Runnin Rebels. (Photo by Daniel Kwon)

Senior guard Bo Barnes makes a jump shot in the second half during a home game against UNLV game on Dec. 3, 2014 at the Wells Fargo Arena. Barnes's 11 points would help the Sun Devils to a 77-55 victory. (Photo by Daniel Kwon) Senior guard Bo Barnes makes a jump shot in the second half during a home game against UNLV game on Dec. 3, 2014 at the Wells Fargo Arena. Barnes led the team with 17 points in a 79-44 road victory over Cal on Jan. 22. (Daniel Kwon/The State Press)

Winless on the road this season, the ASU men's basketball team traveled to the Bay Area hoping to change that. With the help of some anemic offense on the other side, ASU did just that.

The Sun Devils (10-9, 2-4 Pac-12) knocked off Cal 79-44. It is the first time ASU has won back-to-back games since Dec. 23 and 28 against Detroit and Harvard.

ASU started the game off by feeding junior center Eric Jacobsen and he dominated early, scoring nine of the team's first 14 points.

The Golden Bears (11-8, 1-5 Pac-12) shot near a historically bad level in the middle of the first half. There was a span of 13:02 between points for Cal, which is the second longest streak of the season and the longest by a power conference team.

Despite the drought, Cal was able to keep the game closer than it should have been in the first half, going into the locker room trailing by 21.

In the second half, the Sun Devils got hot from the field and the lead ballooned to as many as 38 points.

Senior guard Bo Barnes and freshman guard Kodi Justice led the way for ASU, scoring 17 and 16 points respectively. Each player set a season high in points.

Both teams played 13 players and got benchwarmers game action in case their number has to be called later in the season.

ASU will attempt to make it a true winning streak on Saturday at Stanford. Game time is expected at 10 p.m. Arizona time.

Reach the reporter at mtonis@asu.edu or on Twitter @Tonis_The_Tiger.

×