Tempe Police: Man worries people are trying to kill him through phone app

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• An 18-year-old man was arrested Jan. 9 on the 100 block of North McClintock Drive on suspicion of drug paraphernalia and narcotic drug possession, according to a police report.

Officers contacted the man after receiving complaints that he was harassing and disturbing light rail riders, police reported.

The man said someone was following him and trying to kill him through a phone app because he hadn’t paid for a tattoo, according to the report.

Officers searched the man’s backpack and found a piece of folded up tin foil, police reported. When the officers started to open the tin foil, the man said, “Don’t tell me that’s heroin,” according to the report.

Officers positively identified there was heroin in the tin foil, but the man said he had found the backpack at a bus stop, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 39-year-old transient man was arrested Jan. 7 on East Lemon Street and South Terrace Road on suspicion of dangerous drug and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Officers stopped the man for riding against the flow of traffic where there was no bike lane without an appropriate bike light, police reported.

The man told officers he had gone to a liquor store to buy clove cigarettes, but because he had no money, he couldn’t buy anything, according to the report.

The man gave the officer a meth pipe when the officer asked him if he had anything illegal on his person, police reported.

However, during a search, the officer found meth in the man’s pocket, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Shelby Slade.

Reach the news editor at sgslade@asu or follow her on Twitter @shelbygslade

LikeThe State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.

×