ASU track and field competes at NAU and Notre Dame this weekend

The ASU track and field team will compete in its last split weekend before the indoor championships begin this weekend at the NAU Tune-Up in Flagstaff and the Alex Wilson Invitational at Notre Dame.

The field athletes will be on display Friday at the NAU Tune Up. The day begins at 3:30 p.m. Arizona time with freshmen pole vaulters Haleigh Fritts and Kristiana Warth along with junior Nicole Kennedy.

At 4 p.m., freshman Kendra Purifoye will be set to start in the women’s long jump while seniors Ryan Leslie and Kyle Lillie, along with sophomore Kyle Long, are competing in the men’s weight throw. Also at 4 p.m., seniors Bryan McBride and Edmond Baker will be making their runs at the men’s high jump.

Purifoye makes her second appearance of the day in the women’s high jump at 5 p.m. while junior Ben Trotter tries his hand at the men’s long jump.

The men’s pole vault and the women’s weight throw also take place at 5 p.m., with junior Tanner Greeley, senior Josiah Becker, junior Jacob Flores, and freshman Matthew Eckles taking on the pole vault while freshman Maggie Ewen, sophomore Ashley Weber, senior Jessika Byrd and junior Ginger Jarchow compete in the weight throw.

At 6 p.m., sophomore Keyasia Tibbs, freshmen Darreyl Woodson and Chelsea Chess are set to start in the women’s triple jump. Also at 6 p.m. is the men’s shot put with sophomore Thomas Anderson, Lillie, Long and junior Ahmed Hassan.

Closing out the Tune-Up at 7 p.m. on the field are the women’s shot put and men’s triple jump. Ewen, Weber and senior Alex Hartig are in the shot put and junior Josh Dixon will be competing in the triple jump.

On the track at the Tune-Up, junior Sterling Winston, junior Cody Moore and freshman Ronny Hall will be set to start in the men’s 400 meter at 5 p.m. Kendra Purifoye will make her third and final appearance of the day in the women’s 60 hurdles at 5:45 p.m. Senior Kyle Middlebrooks and Trotter are in the men’s 60 dash at 5:50 p.m. and senior Paisley Pettway joins sophomore Mia Townsend to end the day on the track for the Sun Devils at 6:10 p.m. in the women’s 800.

On Saturday, the Alex Wilson Invitational takes place in South Bend, Indiana, at Notre Dame. The day begins at 1 p.m. with senior Cameron Taylor in the men’s 60 hurdles final.

Senior Payton Schutte will be running in the women’s mile at 1:05 p.m., followed by the men’s mile at 1:20 p.m. Sophomore Cody Brazeal and junior Daniel Wong will be competing in the men’s mile for the Sun Devils.

Senior Brianna Tate is set to start in the women’s 400 dash at 1:45 p.m. while junior Michael Julian and junior Trevor Landry run the men’s 800 at 2:30 p.m.

The men’s and women’s 3,000 runs take place next with the women’s portion at 3:15 p.m. followed by the men’s race at 3:35 p.m. Junior Cristina Juan Torres is in the women’s 3000 for ASU and sophomore CJ Albertson, junior Ryan Herson, and senior Maxwell Groves will be in the men’s 3000.

The last event of the weekend is the women’s 4x400 relay at 4 p.m. Senior Sara McDonald, freshman Melese Crozier, junior Kiera Bullock and Tate will be competing.

Reach the reporter at tjwilkin@asu.edu or follow @TWilkins23 on Twitter.

×