Tempe Police: Police stop man with meth for jiggling car door handles

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

A 29-year-old Tempe man was arrested on Feb. 1 at the intersection of South Mill Avenue and West 6th Street on suspicion of dangerous drug possession and having an outstanding arrest warrant, according to a police report.

A citizen had contacted police about a man attempting to trespass into a van, police said.

Police reached the man and discovered that he had an outstanding arrest warrant for contempt at the Quartzite Arizona Justice Court, according to the report.

Once placed under arrest, a search revealed that the man had a glass pipe covered in meth, a Ziploc bag of meth and a folded dollar bill filled with marijuana, police reported.

During questioning, the man admitted that he had smoked from the pipe twice and that he had been smoking marijuana in an attempt to quit meth, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending drug charges, according to the report.

A 31-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Feb. 5 on the 1300 block of West Elliot Road on suspicion of criminal trespassing, an existing warrant and possession of dangerous drugs and paraphernalia, according to a police report.

The man had been detained by loss prevention officers after receiving a trespassing warning from Wal-Mart store owners, police reported.

During his arrest, the man admitted to having crystal meth with him, which police removed from his pocket along with a glass pipe and micro-baggie of three unidentified pills, according to the report.

A warrants check revealed a previous warrant for failure to appear out of Mesa, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reach the reporter at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter.

×