Tempe Police: Teen injures two friends during hit-and-run

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 16-year-old Phoenix boy was arrested Feb. 6 on the 5000 block of South Arizona Mills Drive on suspicion of theft, possession of burglary tools, felony endangerment, misdemeanor endangerment and leaving the scene of an accident involving injuries, according to a police report.

The teen had been seen getting into the driver’s seat of a confirmed stolen vehicle with two 16-year-olds and another man, police reported.

Officers had asked the car's passengers to place their hands on the car’s ceiling, but the boy accelerated eastbound from the parking space, according to the report.

He then lost control of the vehicle and struck a tree, police reported.

After the accident, the teen ran from the scene to an apartment complex, where he was eventually located and arrested, according to the report.

During the accident, one woman received facial bruises while the other suffered bruising and a laceration to her shin, police reported.

The teen was transported to the Maricopa Juvenile Detention Center, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 28-year-old Tempe man was arrested on Feb. 5 at the Taco Bell on the 900 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of two existing warrants and marijuana possession, according to a police report.

Taco Bell’s management contacted police to identify the man who had been seen bathing with the restaurant’s bathroom sink, police reported.

Officers located the man inside the restroom, where there had been significant amounts of water on the floor, leading officers to believe that he had been cleaning himself with the sink, according to the report.

The man admitted to carrying a small amount of marijuana in his pocket, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released on pending drug charges, according to the report.

Reach the reporter at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter.

×