Tempe Police: Man pushes officer over balcony railing

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 22 year-old Arizona man was arrested on Feb. 15 on the 2040 block of East Broadway Road on two counts of aggravated assault, resisting arrest, criminal damage and disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

Officers were called to the residence after a neighbor complained of a family fight, police reported.

When officers arrived at the scene, the door had been kicked down and a couple was having a verbal argument on the balcony, police reported.

When officers approached the man, he pushed one officer into the railing and another officer over the railing of the second-story apartment, according to the report.

The man was transported to the Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 28-year-old woman was arrested Feb. 15 on the 200 block of West Fifth Street on suspicion of marijuana possession, according to a police report.

Officers approached the woman after they saw her smoking in an empty parking lot, according to the report. When the woman saw the officers, she immediately put the cigarette out with her foot and hid the cigarette under the shoe, police reported.

After questioning and searching the woman, officers found marijuana, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Sydney Greene.

Reach the reporter at sgreene6@asu.edu or follow @thesydneygreene on Twitter.

×