Report: ASU men's basketball to face Texas A&M

Bobby Hurley press conference
Ray Anderson sits alongside Bobby Hurley at a press conference on April 10, 2015. Bobby Hurley has been officially hired on for ASU's mens basketball.

According to a report from CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein, ASU men's basketball will face Texas A&M on Dec. 5 in Tempe. It is the return game of a home-and-home with series with the Aggies. 

ASU lost 72-71 on Dec 6. 2014, in College Station after leading 45-34 at halftime. In that game freshman point guard Tra Holder led ASU with 14 points off the bench, while Alex Caruso scored 23 for Texas A&M behind 9-of-11 shooting. 

Like ASU, Texas A&M (21-12, 11-7 SEC) also was eliminated in the second round of the NIT. The Aggies depart two starters (guard Jordan Green and forward Kourtney Roberson) from last year's team. 

ASU returns four starters from the 2014-15 squad but bench players Sai TummalaConnor MacDougall and Chance Murray will all reportedly transfer. 

ASU will also reportedly face UNLV in Las Vegas on Dec. 16, have a home-and-home with Creighton, with the 2015-16 game away, and face St. John's at MGM Grand on Dec. 22. Additionally, ASU will appear as a host school in the 2015 Legends Classic at the Barclays Center from Nov. 23-24.

Reach the sports editor at jmjanss1@asu.edu or follow @jjanssen11 on Twitter

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepresssport on Twitter

×