ASU's undie run cancelled due to lack of funding

The 2011 Undie Run drew more than 20,000 attendees, who donated 4.2 tons of clothing.

This year, ASU students will not be able to strip down for a fun run, since the BB Run has been cancelled.

The BB Run, formerly known as the Undie Run, was cancelled because Tempe Undergraduate Student Government did not fund the event during its Tuesday meeting.

The group's Facebook page said, "It is with a heavy heart that we announce there will be no BB Run this year. Due to a lack of financial support from our Undergraduate Student Government and our other traditional sources, we cannot afford to put on an event."

At the meeting, Tempe USG President Cassidy Possehl said she felt the BB Run presented a bad image of the University.

“Having this party paid for by the University and seeing those photos on the Internet cheapens the value of our degrees,” Possehl said. “We cannot continue to unethically represent students for community service benefit.”

Reach the reporter at sgslade@asu.edu or follow @shelbygslade on Twitter.

×