ASU football lands commitment from 2016 JUCO four-star prospect Christian Hill

The four-star defensive end committed to ASU from Glendale (Ariz.) Community College

ASU football boom recruiting

ASU signals that it gets a new recruit with a "BOOM". (Photo courtesy of ASU athletics)

ASU football landed a commitment from 2016 four-star defensive end prospect Christian Hill Friday, according to Scout and Rivals.

Hill, who was on unofficial visit in Tempe Friday, held reported offers from Arizona, Oregon State, Washington State, Oregon, Purdue, San Diego State, Louisville and Colorado State.

The defensive end is expected to graduate from community college in December and is eligible to play immediately with three seasons of college football eligibility, according to Scout.

The story behind his is unlike anybody else who has committed to ASU thus far, taking an unusual route to Tempe.

Hill is originally from Kansas City, Missouri and did not play football in high school. Instead, he joined the Air Force and served four years of active duty before returning to play his first organized football at GCC in 2014.

Hill is still in the Air Force reserves, according to Scout.

Here are Hill's GCC highlights, via Hudl.

DJ Morgan

Joining Hill in the class of 2016 are Morgan, three-star offensive Cohl Cabral and Marshal Nathe and three-star running back Freddie Holly.

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×