Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 45-year-old Phoenix man was arrested on June 10 at the Tempe Police Department on 100 block of Fifth Street after an investigation revealed that he falsely reported that his truck was stolen, knowing that his former business partner had it, according to a police report. 

The man tried to retrieve the truck from his former partner, who had it for nine months, but the partner refused to return it, police said.

The man admitted to signing a statement with American Family Insurance, which he later withdrew, as well as a Stolen Vehicle Affidavit in which he falsely indicated that he was telling the truth about the stolen vehicle and would aid in prosecution, according to the police report.

The man further admitted to knowing that his actions were wrong and handling the situation inappropriately, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report. 

A 35-year-old Tempe woman was arrested June 10 for failure to provide a truthful name during an investigation for disorderly conduct at 1900 block of East Hayden Lane in Tempe, a police report said.

The woman was engaged in a verbal dispute with her neighbor, who lives in the apartment next door, police reported.

Walking away from the argument, the neighbor asked the woman to excuse her, upon which the woman threatened to hit the neighbor, according to the report.

The woman was investigated for disorderly conduct as a result of the incident, and falsely reported her name as “Amber Amber,” police said.

The woman then attempted to flee into her apartment, despite being informed that she was not free to leave, and the officer running the investigation grabbed her left wrist, according to the report.

The woman resisted detainment and proceeded to use her nails to claw the officer’s hand and wrist, leaving three separate abrasions and taking off a layer of skin, police reported.

After her arrest, the woman’s name was obtained on call from a resident of her apartment complex who suspected her of possible theft, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Isabella Castillo

Reach the reporter at icastil3@asu.edu or follow @isabella_m_cast on twitter 

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×