Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 48-year-old Phoenix man was arrested June 12 on suspicion of criminal trespassing in the first degree at the 900 block of South Marina Street in Tempe, according to a police report. 

The victim, having just returned from walking her dog and failing to lock the door behind her when entering her residence, was present when the man trespassed, police said.

The man entered the residence through the unlocked door shortly after the woman returned, and she began to yell for him to leave immediately, according to the report. 

The victim grabbed a golf club to defend herself, having never met the man prior to his trespassing, police reported.

The man remained inside the residence, saying that he was looking for something, but was eventually driven out by the woman’s screaming, according to the report.

After the man left her property, the woman contacted law enforcement as the trespasser began urinating on some plants nearby, police reported

The man was then placed under arrest by Tempe Police patrol, according to the report.

A 21-year-old Phoenix man and his companion were arrested June 12 at a vehicle stop on South Price Road and East Wildermuth Avenue in Tempe on suspicion of drug possession, a police report said.

A search was conducted on the man, who was in the backseat of the car being driven by his companion, and two bags of marijuana were located in each of his socks, police said.

The man confessed to having purchased the marijuana earlier that day without a medical marijuana card, according to the report. 

A search of the car revealed a vial containing five to 10 narcotic oxycodone hydrochloride pills, which the companion said belonged to him for medical purposes, although he failed to provide proof or a prescription, police said.

Both men were transported and booked in Tempe City Jail, where they were both released pending on their drug charges, according to the report

Reports compiled by Isabella Castillo

Reach the reporter at icastil3@asu.edu or follow @isabella_m_cast on twitter

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×