Tempe Police: Man caught with drugs after trying to return stolen vacuum

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

A 34-year-old Glendale man was arrested May 14 on the 1800 block of East Rio Salado Parkway on suspicion of theft, shoplifting, removal of a theft detection device, trafficking stolen property, dangerous drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

The man was was seen over Target video surveillance grabbing a box containing a Dyson V6 Absolute vacuum valued at around $600, police reported.

He forcefully removed the security wire, placed the item in his cart and waked out of the store without paying, according to the report.

The man then returned to another Target store with a friend later that day attempting to return the vacuum for a gift card, police reported.

During the arrest a bag of white crystal like substance was found in the man’s front pocket along with a glass pipe with residue in its sphere, according to the report.

Officers identified the substance as methamphetamine, police reported.

His friend was also found with what officers identified as heroin in his pants, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

×