Tempe Police: Man commits armed robbery over PlayStation 4

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 17-year-old Tempe man was arrested July 16 after he was identified as a suspect in an armed robbery, according to a police report.

The robbery took place on June 24 in a parking lot on the 3000 block of Mill Avenue in Tempe, police reported.

The subjects in the offense had arranged a deal on the app OfferUp in which they planned to buy a PlayStation 4 from the victim in the parking lot, according to the report.

Upon meeting, the suspects pointed a pellet style pistol that resembled a real firearm at the victim and demanded the PlayStation 4 and charging cord, police reported. 

When officers arrived at the scene, they located one of the suspects as he was trying to escape and placed him under arrest, according to the report.

The suspect then identified the other two offenders, one of which was the Tempe man, and one was a man who goes by the nickname “Ceno,” according to the report. 

Police were familiar with Ceno and had a known photograph of him, which the suspect picked out of a lineup of photographs, according to the report.

Ceno he was quickly located and placed under arrest, according to the report.

Police were advised by the suspects that the PlayStation and get away vehicle, a 2004 Cadillac, were still located in the parking lot, police said.

Both suspects admitted to their involvement with the crime, according to the report.

A search warrant was issued on the OfferUp app for the Tempe man and he was eventually located and placed under arrest, according to the report.

The man was booked into MCDH and held to see a judge, police said.

Reports compiled by Isabella Castillo

Reach the reporter at icastil3@asu.edu or follow @isabella_m_cast on twitter 

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×