Back to school and new uniforms: ASU's week in review

Take a look at which stories were most popular over the past week and a few more we think you'll love.

Palm Walk
Students walk on Palm Walk on the first day of classes on Thursday, Aug. 20, 2015, in Tempe.

If you're reading this, it's (probably) too late to catch up on all the content our staff produced in the last week. That's why we've compiled this handy-dandy list of our most read stories in the past seven days. Enjoy!

ASU grad hands out resumes on the streets after struggling to find a job

Photo by Alexandra Gaspar | The State Press

Matthew Anthony graduated from ASU last year with a double major in public policy and public service and urban and metropolitan studies. Since graduation, Anthony has been unemployed for 18 months and has been handing out his resume on the streets. Read more about Anthony's story

ASU football holds annual Camp Tontozona scrimmage amongst record crowds

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

ASU football was greeted with record fan attendance as the team completed its annual training at Camp Tontozona. Reporter Fabian Ardaya was there to cover the practices and scrimmage. Read the full story here.

ASU football officially releases new Adidas 'Desert Ice' uniforms

After changing uniform sponsors and teasing the release of new alternate uniforms for ASU football, ASU athletics released images of a new Adidas uniform combination, "Desert Ice." Read more about the new uniforms and see fan reactions.

10 things you wish you would've known as a freshman

Photo by Ben Moffat | Ben Moffat/The State Press

Current freshmen, this article is for you. You only have one freshman year in college and it's important to prepare yourself for success. State Press Magazine editor Alexa D'Angelo lists several important things freshmen should know before starting their college experience. Read the full story.

ASU to add women's club hockey in 2016

An ASU women's club hockey team will join the American Collegiate Hockey Association in fall of 2016. The announcement comes nearly nine months after ASU men's hockey announced its move to NCAA Division I. Read more about the announcement.

Articles we think you'll love:

7 times this Michael Crow parody Twitter won life

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

The one thing we learned during syllabus week was that even Michael Crow gets sad sometimes. Read seven of the best Tweets from the @asumichael parody account.

This semester's editorial board reacts to the first day of classes in GIFs

Photo by Danica Barnett | The State Press

The State Press editorial board gave our reactions to the first day of school the only way we know how: through GIFs. See if you can relate.

Slacktivism is more than just couches and potato chips

Photo by Don Bartletti | Los Angeles Times via TNS

Those who exercise freedom of speech and the right to assemble and demand change for social issues are important to keeping the United States a progressive country. But are "liking" Facebook posts, reblogging Tumblr posts, tweeting hashtags and participating in online social justice movements an effective way of promoting a message and pushing an agenda forward? Columnist Maureen Van Dobben says yes. Read the column.

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow @AndrewNiclaASU on Twitter

×