Tempe Police: Man does ecstasy, has great time at Urban Outfitters

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 27-year-old Gilbert man was arrested Aug. 20 on the 540 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of drug possession, criminal damage and disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

The man entered Urban Outfitters and appeared to be under the influence due to his slurred speech and erratic behavior, police reported.

While inside the store, he attempted to purchase several clothing items, but when his card was declined, he walked over to the nail polish stand and proceeded to knock over 30 bottles, according to the report.

The action totaled to approximately $150 worth of damage, police reported.

Immediately after, the man attempted to leave the store when the manager contacted police, according to the report.

A search revealed that the man was carrying two white tablets of ecstasy inside an Altoid tin in his front left pocket, police reported.

During an interview, the man said he had purchased the drugs inside a nearby bar and ingested some for the first time that night, according to the report.

The man said he did not remember the drug’s dosage, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Aug. 19 at the intersection of South Mill Avenue and East Baseline Road on suspicion of strong arm robbery and assault, according to a police report.

Investigation revealed that the man had shoved a minor off a skateboard and then absconded with the wheels, police reported.

The child’s mother called police to report a robbery just as the man dropped the skateboard and continued to run away, according to the report.

Soon after, the man entered a fenced residential yard and tried to break into the house, police reported.

Officers found the man trespassing inside the exterior laundry room and pounding on the residence’s back door, according to the report.

The man appeared to be intoxicated and blew a .314 during a routine blood alcohol content test, police reported.

Both the child’s mother and the homeowner said they will aid in the prosecution, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

Tempe Police: Man tries to return skateboard he didn't buy

Tempe Police: Man crashes car while driving drunk

Reach the assistant news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.

×