10 Valley companies you didn't know were run by ASU Alumni

These are 10 of countless companies in the Valley that are operated by ASU alumni

The Small Business Leadership Academy will enter its seventh year of helping small business owners and their companies this fall. The academy is hosted by the W.P. Carey School of business and is sponsored by the Salt River Project. (Photo by Sean Logan)

Sixty percent of ASU alumni live in Arizona and 180,000 live in Maricopa County, according to the ASU Alumni Association. All of the alumni who stay in Arizona help better the communities across the state. There are countless alumni-founded and alumni-led Arizona businesses. The following are several you may not have known about.

FSW Funding

This Phoenix firm was started by Robyn Barrett. FSW Funding is an independently owned factoring firm that helps the valley’s small businesses secure funding.

Read more: FSW Funding launches STEM scholarship program

Higher Ed Growth

Photo Courtesy of Higher Ed Growth

Higher Ed Growth is a Tempe-based company that provides lead generation, consulting, management and web design to help clients boost enrollment for educational institutions. ASU graduate Frank Healy is the president and CEO of the company.

Infusionsoft

Photo Courtesy of Infusionsoft

ASU graduate Marc Chesley is the chief technology officer for this sales and marketing software firm based in Chandler. Inc. Magazine labeled the company as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.

Skyhook

Photo Courtesy of Skyhook

Founded by ASU graduate Dallin Harris, Skyhook is an internet marketing firm that has worked with large American brands like Subway, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and AT&T. Skyhook provides clients with web design and web development services.

Signature Technology Group

Photo Courtesy of Signature Technology Group

ASU graduate Charles Layne acts as president and CEO of STG, a Phoenix-based firm that provides data-center services. STG supports over 300,000 devices in North America.

Dunn Transportation

Photo Courtesy of Dunn Transportation

Started by Margaret Dunn, Dunn Transportation is a company which provides an executive coach service. The company also has a flagship service, Scottsdale’s “Ollie the Trolley.”

Skin Script Skin Care

Photo Courtesy of Skin Script Skin Care

This Tempe skin care company provided natural, fruit-based clinical anti-aging, acne and sun damage products. Lisa VanBockern is an ASU graduate and owner of the company.

Off Madison Ave

Photo Courtesy of Off Madison Ave

This Phoenix-based marketing and advertising firm was co-founded by ASU graduate David Anderson. Anderson’s company has worked with large brands that include LifeLock and Nike.

Western Window systems

Photo Courtesy of Western Window Systems

For over 50 years, this Phoenix door and window manufacturer has been making energy efficient products. President and CEO Scott Gates is a former ASU marketing major and has helped grow sales by over 200 percent.

Print.Save.Repeat

Photo Courtesy of Print.Save.Repeat

Print.Save.Repeat has taken “going green” and embedded it into a sustainable business model. Co-founded by ASU graduate Errol Berry, Print.Save.Repeat is a Chandler-based toner cartridge manufacturer that helps save businesses money on printing costs with their recycling service.

Start-ups can turn into complete disasters. Have a Plan B.

Student start-ups receive money at Challenge Awards

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow @AndrewNiclaASU on Twitter

×