From Skrillex to Zeds Dead, Labor Day weekend in Arizona is an EDM paradise

ENTER MUS-COACHELLA 1 LA
An overflowing crowd inside the Sahara Tent celebrates the DJ known as Skrillex, on the second day of the second weekend of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, Calif., Saturday, April 19, 2014. (Jay L. Clendenin/Los Angeles Times/MCT)

The American workforce is fast approaching Labor Day weekend, a special time where nearly everyone is given a day to do whatever. In Arizona’s case this weekend, electronic dance music is taking over this desolate wasteland we call a state. It will breathe life into the many avid dancers and partiers that cannot wait get down to some epic bass drops, house grooves and the gnarliest of trap beats.

There are more DJs playing than you can count on one hand. Here is a list of some of the coolest shows going down across the Valley.

Zeds Dead

The Canadian Dubstep duo first took over SoundCloud, the world’s biggest stages then, and now are hitting Talking Stick Resort pool on Saturday, Sept. 5.

Toronto after parties are always ♨ b2b with @jauzofficial and @diplo : @brandonkchung

A photo posted by Zeds Dead (@zedsdeadofficial) on

Combining pop hooks and melodies with thrashing in-your-face synths, Zeds Dead's performance will surely leave you screaming the lyrics to “I Can’t Feel My Face” by The Weeknd in a much different way than the R&B singer originally intended. Expect this to be one of the heaviest sets Talking Stick Resort has ever seen.

For tickets, click here.  

Skrillex

Arguably the most influential DJ in the world, Skrillex is bringing his iconic brand of Dubstep and wobbles to one of the coolest clubs in Old Town Scottsdale Maya Day + Nightclub on Saturday, Sept. 5. 

It’s a daytime pool party, so bring your swimsuit and cool down as hits like “Where Are U Now” and “Bangarang” radiate from Skrillex’s turntables to your ears. This guy always puts on a show, so make sure you get there early if you want a chance to see him behind the boards.

For tickets, click here.

Snails

If you still have any skin left after seeing Skrillex or Zeds Dead, head over to downtown Phoenix to see the self-proclaimed “vomit-step” artist Snails turn the Monarch Theatre into a madhouse. 

The best way to describe this DJ’s sound is to go back to its namesake. Picture yourself as a microbe in the way of a snail slowly moving across concrete and imagine the sound this little speck of bacteria is hearing. Trollphace is warming up the show. If you are a bass head, this is the place for you.

For tickets, click here.  

Headhunterz

If you still have any juice left from the previous banging set, head back to Maya for another pool party, this time with the Dutch maestro Headhunterz supplying the beats. 

This DJ is tough to figure out. Originally a champion of the beloved, and sometimes belittled, genre hardstyle, the producer has recently been experimenting with new sounds and styles, gaining a larger following and more haters along the way. As divisive as his sound may be, Headhunterz is a name for a reason and puts on a show that is not one to miss.

For tickets, click here.

Laidback Luke

Head back to Talking Stick for a pool party led by one of the biggest DJs in the game. Laidback Luke is known for spinning some of the hottest records out there during his sets. 

#ShowAnnounce: @laidbackluke rounds out our #LDW2015 weekend at @talkingstickresort for #ReleasePoolParty!!!

A photo posted by Relentless Beats (@relentlessbeats) on

From EDC to small Dutch clubs, this guy always plays the best of the best. When “Flashing Lights” is dropped, be prepared for its eerie, theatrical melody to wreck whatever is left of the crowd and finish off what looks to be an extremely dance-heavy Labor Day weekend.

For tickets, click here.

Tell the arts editor what show you're going to at jhgolds2@asu.edu or @misterjacobgold on Twitter.

×