Tempe Police: Kidnapping, sexual abuse suspect in custody

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police have located and arrested a man suspected of kidnapping and sexual abuse on Tuesday, Tempe Police Sgt. Michael Pooley wrote in an an email.

Officers arrested 28-year-old Allen Colbert after he kidnapped and sexually abused an 18-year-old female, according to a Tempe Police report.

A clerk working at the Chevron gas station on Broadway Road and McClintock Drive contacted police, saying that a young woman came into the store telling the clerk she had been kidnapped Monday morning, police reported. 

The victim told officers that she was walking home from a party when Colbert pulled her into a vehicle, according to the report. The woman was sexually abused but was able to get away and contact police for assistance, police reported. 

Tempe Police were able to locate Colbert with the assistance of a witness who got the license plate number, Pooley wrote in the email.

Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Tempe PD at 480-350-8311.

ASU Police Department adds Special Victims Unit

ASU LiveSafe Mobile App connects faculty, students to police department

Reach the news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow @kelciegrega on Twitter. 

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×