Tempe Police: Marijuana pipe found in man's boots

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday: 

A Tempe man was arrested on Oct. 22 on West Rio Salado Parkway and North Mill Avenue on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report. 

Police were on a routine patrol along Tempe Town Lake when an officer smelled marijuana, police reported.

Officers approached the man smoking marijuana, who was sitting on a park bench without shoes on, police reported. The man was sitting next to a pair of tall, black boots, which had a large glass in them, according to the report. 

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked, police reported.

A Chandler woman was arrested Oct. 22 in the 1300 block of West Elliot Road on suspicion of theft and possession of a vapor-releasing substance containing a toxic substance, according to a police report. 

Police were called to the scene after Walmart employees noticed the woman grabbing two cans of a canned air duster off the shelf and inhaling them, police reported.

The report said the woman left the store after inhaling the cans of air, but returned because she forgot her keys, according to the report. 

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked, officers reported. 

Tempe Police: Man tries to buy Starbucks with stolen credit cards

Reach the reporter at Jlsuerth@asu.edu or follow @SuerthJessica on Twitter.

×